Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2014, 01:31 PM

Default Parallax.

Does anybody know how to (if you can) re-parallax a Bushy 3200 fixed power 10 X 40 scope?
Thanks, Ken.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:41 PM

Default Parallax

Maybe I am missing what you want, but if it is to re-center the cross hairs. I place the front/face of the scope against a mirror and backlight me and look through the scope and you will see the cross hairs shadowed in the scope, turn the adjustments till the are back in line or in place and you are re-centered. If this is not what you want, then I guess forget my suggestion. Bill K
Old 12-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbro View Post
Does anybody know how to (if you can) re-parallax a Bushy 3200 fixed power 10 X 40 scope?
Thanks, Ken.
Ken,
This is distance specific if it's like under 100 yards distance which is the normal parallax range for non-adjustable rifle scopes. Please understand this is something that's done by a lot of air rifle shooters that are limited in their range. It's simple and can be re-adjusted to the original parallax if so desired.

the first link is an answer to a fellow with a rifle and wanted to adjust the parallax himself.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...pics/4867983/1

The second link is from an air rifle forum.
http://www.airguns.bg/files/akraba/P...0objective.pdf

At one time I kept a strap wrench in my range bag so I could fine tune the focus on my rifle scope at the 50 yard range -- bad legs have limited me to 50 yards worth of walking.

I hope this is of some help.

Last edited by 22_boomer; 12-18-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Supporting Member

I have adjusted an old Bushnell banner scope using the 24 hr campfire link as a guide and it works well. I doubt I would do it to an expensive scope vs sending it back to the factory to do it for me. I am afraid I would scratch the lense rotating the inner ring that drives the front lense in, you are sliding an o-ring seal that seals , i believe, the gas filled volume.

After doing that I have started changing scopes to side focus models. My 22 Cal Marauder has an inexpensive BSA 6-24x scope on it, my 75 yard max and my aluminum "AR STYLE" stock allows me to hold it offhand with my right, adjust parallax with the left, and gives a clear picture of Ground squirrels, woodpeckers and blue jays. These air rifle type scopes are great for your use, usually focus down to 15 feet. Places like Pyramid air has a great selection of Hawke, BSA, etc and usually good video reviews.

Allen
Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 PM

Couple years ago I used a 10x40 Bush and liked it, however, at around 100yds(supposed P free distance) it had parallax issues so I moved it on. Since then I'd heard (from an air gunner) they could be adjusted but really didn't believe it. Now I'm looking for another, hence the question should I have the same problem.
Thanks for the replies. And, Bill K, not what I was looking for, never the less, interesting.
Thanks,Ken.
Ps. Gonna click those links now.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Supporting Member

I had an odd occurance yesterday when I remounted a SWFA 6.5-20XSS scope on my returned-to-me Cooper. I set it up to look at a telephone pole 75 yards from my bench, and I was going to compare it to other scopes for clarity, as I have an itch for a Vortex PST 6-24 scope, but it is above my "comfort threshold" for price, hell I can buy another rifle for the cost, LOL.

When I was looking through the SWFA I noticed I had it set too far back, AND the big issue was parallax. When focused to see sharp lettering on the capacitor, moving my eye moved the reticle about 2". I decided the scope needed to move forward as my face was too far back and the eye relief was horrible. You are supposed to mount the gun with eyes closed, open them and be relatively close to seeing through the scope, and this wasn't true. So I added 1/4" of foam to the comb to get the right height, and moved the scope as far forward as possible, which still meant I had to move my face back a little, but that's ok, this isn't an offhand gun that requires better fitment.

With this move, the parallax is now maybe 1/8", and if I place my face the same for every shot I should be able to get good groups on paper for final load development, then off to draw blood.

I have to admit, this was my first time with this happening on a gun I set up, but my son had a similar brain-fart. He took a rifle I set up for him and it shot well, he took it to the range and had a 3 shot and 2 shot group shooting 5 shots, around 3/4" vs my 3/8" groups, same ammo. When he brought it over for dad to solve the problem I focused it on my 75 yard pole and it was way off focus. I looked and it was on 300 yards! I asked and he said he didn't focus the Objective lense! Unclear focus, and parallax/ face placement told me it was parallax, confirmed at his next range session. I think it was overcast the day he shot, or he thought it was incorrect eyepiece focus, or.... he wasn't thinking..lol

Hope some of my story helps

After 45+ years of shooting I am still learning..LOL

Allen
Old 12-18-2014, 06:26 PM

Who would have thought it could be so simple? Probably lots here, but not me.
I can get the 10x40 with confidence now.
Thanks,Ken.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:05 PM

Think i read on one of the MTC ULTRA LITE scopes you can adjust the paralexx to where you want it easily
To me that says it aint got a external adjuster???
Wally