Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-12-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMiller View Post
Trotterig - the seating stem bottoms out in the die body with the base of the die touching the case holder. No further adjustment is possible.

x32030 - Okay, is the solution not for public consumption or can you enlighten me without an expensive UK to USA call to Redding customer service? The store I bought them from is making sympathetic noises but I did buy these 8 months ago!
Mick, if nothing else, one of us can call Redding on the 15th and act as a go-between.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks Ramos. I may just bite the bullet (pun intended) and call them Monday. I need to work out what the issue is and not get fobbed off by the reseller - although they seem quite willing to do something about it if there is an issue.

I just wondered if it were a known problem (these things must be made in their hundreds, so if mine is wrong there are likely several hundred more) or if I'm missing something here?

Ah, well. No matter.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Do you have a seating stem from any other die to try in it? If I were wanting to load some up with it I'd probably just grind some off the bottom of the stem and start seating bullets. Buy a replacement later if you need to. Larry
Old 08-12-2016, 03:40 PM

The only thing I am certain of is that Redding will get you up & running. Just the way they operate their Customer Service department. Just unfortunate in this case that you are there and they are here!
Old 08-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Supporting Member

I have no way to grind the base down, leastways not squarely and, if I'm honest, I really wouldn't want to.

I'll wait till Monday and contact them, it sounds like they'll either replace. I sent the dies back to the seller yesterday, so he'll have to forward them to Redding I guess. It's a long wait for a replacement though, the joys of the UK!
Old 08-15-2016, 03:01 PM
Supporting Member

So, I rang Redding and they're sending a revised seating stem out FOC. I just have to wait till it gets here (UK Customs? Anyone's guess, they're a law unto themselves, so likely they'll be some charge applied and a forward postal cost, I figure on around £20 to get it to my door and around 3 weeks).

But, good on Redding for simply sending out the replacement part, no quibbles, no problem.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:18 PM

Would just like to add, have had dealings with Redding customer service and they are absolutely second to non. I found this out when i tried f/l sizing RWS brass, with the small primer flash hole for my .17 Squirrel. Result bent decapping rod, try getting one of those in England. Even though it was my own stupid fault Redding insisted on sending me one foc. It arrived in eight days marked "warranty replacement" no customs charge no postage charges.
I nominated them for international dealer of the year with Sporting gun magazine, the English edition, which they deservedly won.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to x32030
Smile Trotterig! answer.

Seating plug bottoms out,a call to redding will fix the problem. They put the wrong seating plug in at factory.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Supporting Member

Well, apparently they have a 'revised' seating stem which gives a further 0.075 to 0.100 of travel! That'll do for me. Got my dies back from the retailer so just waiting on snail mail and good old UK customs.

Now, where did I put that whittling stick?
Old 08-21-2016, 08:36 AM

My Redding seater die also wouldn't seat deep enough, but Redding sent out another that does as soon as emailed about it.

Last edited by Guesty; 08-23-2016 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Expediency