Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Supporting Member

John try putting the tip of the Tempstick into the flame to melt it and smear that on the case. Then apply heat to the case. Never tried that but hopefully it will help.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:53 PM

Tempilstiks were never intended for use in this application.

A tempilstik is stroked over a heated surface to see if it melts. Tempilaq was made for application prior to heating.

Here is the Instruction Sheetfor the tempilstik.

This is the Instruction Sheetfor the tempilaq.

Since the Green Label thinner & the product itself is non-flammable you should be able to get it shipped anywhere. Try McMaster-Carrfor shipping outside of the USA.

I have never tried it, but you might be able to dissolve the stick in a solvent for application like the lacquer. Acetone or MEK should work...

B.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Supporting Member

Appreciate the tip on the use. Ray we might have to go down that road you suggested, i'll try a couple of other companies first mate

Johno
Old 01-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Supporting Member

B. , I understand the stik was not designed for that use. If I read right, earlier John thought of heating the case till the stik melted or marked the case. I was afraid he would have to apply to much heat to the case (ruining it) to make that happen. I couldn't find my stik(s) to test what I told him about melting the stik then appling it to the case so told him I never tried it. You right about the thinner being non-flamible, from the odor I assumed it was, I never read the spec sheet. Johno sorry for the advise I didn't want to see you ruin your cases.