Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Supporting Member

Default Has anyone shot a Browning T-Bolt in .22 Magnum?

At the store yesterday they had several T-Bolt .22 Magnums in Shot Show Special light Maple Stocks that were real eye poppers. Light weight, way pretty and really fired up my .22 Magnum itch. My new approach is to make myself leave and think about things before reaching for the wallet and man have I been think'n !!
If one a my trusted Purchase Mentors here on the site would convince me they'd shoot an inch at 100 I'm thinking I'd be an owner .
Just think how fast a guy could burn up that $13.95 a box .22 Mag ammo with a T bolt.

Or.... Maybe someone could convince me they are total Dogs...."Please" . To plagiarize a line from that movie the Mask years back.."SOMEBODY STOP ME "!!
Sure Pretty!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:59 PM

I was looking at the T bolt myself not long back but......

Just not crazy about rimfire even though I do have a 17 hmr. Maybe if they made the T bolt in a sub round centerfire

They sure are pretty though. You can always just buy it to test out its accuracy and fill us all in on your testing to give us a better idea of how you like it
Old 01-29-2017, 09:18 PM

I've got one, but with a synthetic stock....or, I used to have one! As soon as my oldest son shot it, it "disappeared"!
He loves it...favorite Jackrabbit rifle!
The maple ones are quite the "Eye Candy"!
I ave a Browning BL-17MK2 with maple and it too, is very nice.

T-Bolts had some issues with the wood stocks years ago, but that has been addressed....They are a fast shooting rifle and easy to learn on for kids starting out shooting.

Bill
Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 PM
Supporting Member

Default choices

Nice rifles, but insane money for them in Canada, like $1099
Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 PM
Supporting Member

how much are they in Montana Doug
Old 01-29-2017, 10:29 PM
Supporting Member

$799.00 on the tag but this guy is real reasonable so if there's room to fade he will .
Old 01-30-2017, 10:20 AM

Unless Browning has done something about the trigger I'd not own another one, mine looked great, shot okay but the trigger was horrible.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:36 PM

Yeah - crazy prices up here.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:21 PM

Never shot a T bolt but I've got 2 Browning pump rifles, both in 22 magnum.
Never shot them off a bench but at the gravel pit, they hold a minute of beer can all day long at 100 yds.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Supporting Member

Talked to the owner of the store who would knock $50.00 off the price which is a decent buy according to on line sources that require shipping and what-not. That said, as to Daryl and SuperX's point about em being crazy expensive up North I think they are danged expensive down here too. I bought a CZ 455 Varmint in .22 Mag that was slightly over half what that Browning cost and finished it off with a Lilga barrel for not a heck of a lot more then they are asking for the Maple stocked T-Bolt. While the CZ hasn't got the eye appeal or pizazz of the Browning it shoots absolute bugholes and after a small amount of tinkering has a crisp 2lb trigger!

Gerald I had really hoped you'd see this thread and respond! I know you have a great affinity for rim-fires and your post was just the kind of info I was hoping for, first hand experience. As I am use to from good to excellent triggers a bum trigger is a deal breaker to me. Thanks for saving me from myself , "if" the lady of the house were to actually be aware of this thread she would be thanking you as well (seriously )!!
It's amazing how much mischief a guy can get into when he stops at a well stocked gun store looking for a .222 of some kind that he also doesn't need . I think I'll go take a cold shower and peruse the net for a new Zero-Turn lawn mower that would at least get used on a regular basis.