Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2014, 06:37 PM

Default NM800 IR focusing

This beat me last night I went out with mate henry to try the Nightmaster 800 ir fitted on my Nitesite NS200 on my Anni 22lr and it was usless after about 45 min i gave up.

Previously i had been trying the NS 200 with its own on board IR LED and found that over about 50yds the sight picture was very grainy even with the IR turned up to the full ie 4 led,s on and not usable
In daylight using the NS200 the picture is as clear as it can be way beyound 200yds so thats why i got the NM800 IR unit thinking it would do as the adverts promised and as all the U-TUBE videoes show. but try as i could i still failed to get a decent view of the target in this case the bottom of a coke can at about 120yds and i think it might be the focusing but how can you focus something you cant see??
Need help on this ???
After failing with the IR unit and Nitesite 200 i removed the IR neck module and fitted the Red LED module and it was great good vision out to over 150 yds and we accounted for 5 rabbits at between 50yds and95 yds and smacked a fox over at 130yds but failed to find him!! I know its too far for a 22lr with subs but when you have permition on a pheasent shoot to keep down the vermin and to be honest it never looked like 130yds it looked like 90/95yds and i have killed them at that range with head shots.
Have any of you worked out how to focus an IR light you cant see???
Wally