Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-24-2014, 01:14 AM

Hi all, this is my first post here. I hunt in the lead free zone, and have painstakingly developed loads for all my small caliber varmint rifles, except for the .17's which I will get to eventually. Simply put, lead free is not, and never will be as good as lead. That being said, lead free can be made to work, at lesser distances than lead, with excellent accuracy if you are willing to put in the time for proper load development.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:21 AM

Its more expensive then lead with less benefits then lead. I know it can be made to work but the same can be said about low capacity mags, and ammo ordering restrictions and many other control mechanisms of the anti hunting crowd. I live in NY and and second to California its the worst in the country. I'm glad you are making it work for you. A lead ban just rubs me the wrong way. I've had to swallow the safe act and so much else. Welcome to the forum. Your input is appreciated.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 07-25-2014, 12:59 AM

260, the lead ban rubs me the wrong way too. I'm pretty sure all of us here know what the intended desired outcome is for the nanny statists. Funny thing is though, the nanny statists have absolutely zero idea of how hunting actually helps animal ecosystems. I could give several examples of animal populations which minus hunting could or would spiral out of control, Deer and the mountain lion come immediately to mind. It does not matter, the nanny staters think they know whats best, and they will continue to pursue misguided policies via legislation or underground regulations designed to "fill in the blanks" in the law, as long as they are able.

Last edited by bridgeport; 07-25-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:47 AM

Default lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeport View Post
260, the lead ban rubs me the wrong way too. I'm pretty sure all of us here know what the intended desired outcome is for the nanny statists. Funny thing is though, the nanny statists have absolutely zero idea of how hunting actually helps animal ecosystems. I could give several examples of animal populations which minus hunting could or would spiral out of control, Deer and the mountain lion come immediately to mind. It does not matter, the nanny staters think they know whats best, and they will continue to pursue misguided policies via legislation or underground regulations designed to "fill in the blanks" in the law, as long as they are able.
It doesn't matte to them they think the Second Amendment is about hunting. Even if they kill hunting the Second still says we have the uninfringed right to be armed. Not just guns armed.