Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2011, 09:13 AM

Default Weekend hunting with Hunter

Hi all, have not posted for awhile, but then I have not been doing much shooting this year so that is the reason. The youngest daughter returned from Canada recently and the first thing she asked was when are we going hunting. So last weekend we packed the 4x4 with all our camping gear plus Hunter the Springer Spaniel.

Well for spring it was the quietest time I have ever seen for rabbits on this property. Normally we would shoot anywhere from 50 to 200 hundred in a weekend. This time we could only manage about 20. We have had the wettest winter, which has really given the rabbits a hard time.

Hunter had a great time as we did too. Here he is retrieving his first real rabbit:

it may be a small one but then he is only nine months old so it is all relative I suppose.

We shot a few more rabbits so we got him to pose with them and I swear this dog was grinning when I called him to look at me for the photo. You can make up your own mind but I know he was a very happy pup when this was taken.

As I took my 223 along this trip a lot of the rabbits were not worth picking up as they get turned inside out. One was split in half but I neglected to take a photo.

Thanks for looking
Pete, Skye and Hunter