Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2015, 07:06 AM

I got one as well.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:17 PM

Has anyone seen one of these new Fireballs yet? I'm wondering what the wood is like.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Supporting Member

so they aren't making 15 FBs?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castafly View Post
Has anyone seen one of these new Fireballs yet? I'm wondering what the wood is like.
I will try to post pics of mine when I get it. May be as soon as friday.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 PM

Default Cz 221fb

I do not have one of the latest rifles from the new shipment, but here's a lookie-see at my CZ 221FB from the last batch of rifles they brought in:

Nothing show quality or spectacular, but a very decent stick of walnut on it for a walkabout varminter. I hope the most recent rifles are as good or better wood. Some of the earlier rifles were quite stunning for factory offerings.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:38 AM

I also ordered a Fireball from Whittakers. I forgot to ask if the rifle comes with rings. My last CZ 527 included the rings. Does anyone know if rings will be included?
Old 07-03-2015, 02:31 AM

they said that they have rings.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
I do not have one of the latest rifles from the new shipment, but here's a lookie-see at my CZ 221FB from the last batch of rifles they brought in:

Nothing show quality or spectacular, but a very decent stick of walnut on it for a walkabout varminter. I hope the most recent rifles are as good or better wood. Some of the earlier rifles were quite stunning for factory offerings.
Rick, it seems like in times past the majority of the .221's had a fair piece of furniture to sit in. Here's the only pic of mine I could find and it was taken the day it showed up, crummy picture being overcast and me being camera challenged in a big way. Nothing to make a guy wanna burn all his other rifles to be sure but still a pretty decent stick for off the shelf factory.
The real thing on this critter is the way it shoots 40 grain V-Max's or 40 grain Blitz-Kings with it's favorite load of AA1680 . Because I like to tinker I oughta add that aside from rimfire's this is one of the few "most favored" varmint rifles I have that is and ever shall be, "bone stock"! It shoots to good to mess with. I'm betting most if not all you guys with the new ones will have similar experiences (sure hope so). As memory serves the second picture is a pic of the first rat that I introduced to this critter after the simple task of developing that 40gr V-Max/1680 load. A bit gross but I had to walk about 10 feet to connect the two half's, he was beside himself with joy at meeting the new CZ .221.

You guys all keep us posted how these work for ya and photo's will of course be the order of the day.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:29 PM

I'm one of the odd ones out . My Fireball's stock looks like they stole it off a woodpile at Ruger . In fact, ALL four of my 527s look like they came off the same woodpile. It sure doesn't change how they shoot, though, all of them keep me happy, although the Fireball certainly IS the best shooter of my little bunch.

I use Reloader Seven in my Fireball. It's pretty good stuff.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:30 AM

Default chamber neck

Could someone please chime in with the chamber neck diameter or fired case neck size from one of these CZ 221fb rifles.