Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-16-2014, 02:32 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
Bet there ain't many on this board ever heard of Wibeaux MT "We-Bo", much less know just were it is without looking at a map "Wink-Wink". !
I know exactly where it is...... Its about 35 miles west of Medora ND where the weather today was cold (-8 overnight) but the coyotes were moving. "Wink-Wink". Do I win something?

Gonna be here another week. And for reference, Wibeaux is about 45 miles north of Baker, MT where I spent approximately 1 year, 7 month, 3 days, and 9 hours of my life once long ago.

Tomorrow might be a do nothing but watch football day as the wind is going to be in the 35-45 MPH range to make it extra "sporty" outside. Supposed to slow down on Monday but still cold, so it should be another good day then.

By the way, I knew something didn't look right the first time through..... Isn't it Wibaux....?

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 11-16-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
I know exactly where it is...... Its about 35 miles west of Medora ND where the weather today was cold (-8 overnight) but the coyotes were moving. "Wink-Wink". Do I win something?

Gonna be here another week. And for reference, Wibeaux is about 45 miles north of Baker, MT where I spent approximately 1 year, 7 month, 3 days, and 9 hours of my life once long ago.

Tomorrow might be a do nothing but watch football day as the wind is going to be in the 35-45 MPH range to make it extra "sporty" outside. Supposed to slow down on Monday but still cold, so it should be another good day then.

By the way, I knew something didn't look right the first time through..... Isn't it Wibaux....?

-BCB

"Do I win something"?
(Another year and a half in beautiful Baker Montana?? )

It is Wibaux actually but even though I ain't no speller I know it's still pronounced "We-Bo" . Are you there now? Antelope and deer maybe? Big White-Tail bucks up that way and they are in the mood right now so to speak.
Lovely country if ya love the "Big Open", actually I do.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
"Do I win something"?
(Another year and a half in beautiful Baker Montana?? )

It is Wibaux actually but even though I ain't no speller I know it's still pronounced "We-Bo" . Are you there now? Antelope and deer maybe? Big White-Tail bucks up that way and they are in the mood right now so to speak.
Lovely country if ya love the "Big Open", actually I do.
As I stated, I'm staying in Medora, ND at the TR Rough Rider Hotel/Inn and I will be here for another week.

When I lived in Baker years ago, it was called "We-Bo" then too, and it still is based on a casual conversation I had with a native earlier this week.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Supporting Member

One of Teddy Roosevelt's ole stomping ground's! Not a real well known National Park but a good one just the same. Sure some neat country around there although hiking it might be a bit nip right now. All that's going on over ND way you might be working anyway though, have fun whatever you're up to .
Old 11-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
One of Teddy Roosevelt's ole stomping ground's! Not a real well known National Park but a good one just the same. Sure some neat country around there although hiking it might be a bit nip right now. All that's going on over ND way you might be working anyway though, have fun whatever you're up to .
Not in the nearby National Park at all. Purely fun on nearby private land.

Just staying in Medora for the ambiance...... Dickinson is a bit closer but either it or Medora are both only less than 30 minutes away each day from different directions, so I chose Medora versus the "big city".

-BCB

Old 11-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Supporting Member

Default Granddaughter fishing

This is me and my granddaughter Tillie, fishing this september.
Tom
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Supporting Member

Tom ya created another fisherperson, the smile says it all!!
Wonderful picture to see at 4 degrees on a brisk Montana morning. Your granddaughter is a beautiful child, what a gift they are!!
Old 11-19-2014, 02:37 PM

Default A long time ago we did this

That is a very fine "Selfie" Know you will memories and so will the grand daughter. Bill K
Old 12-01-2014, 10:39 PM

Sorry fellas and good catch on that spelling. Wibaux is correct. My bad. I've made two trips out there to call coyotes with a good rancher friend and his family. Really cool, rugged and scenic country. The first trip was very cold and snowy with below zero temps daily for at least five days in a row. Two years later not so cold but the mud is less fun than the cold in my opinion.
Seems like Wibaux was only about 6-8 miles from the western ND boarder. There's been several dinasour digs in the areas we hunted.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:53 AM
Supporting Member

Default It's been a long time! I've missed you guys!

"...the beginning of the end" Hussein OBombus