Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Supporting Member

I have a Douglas 20 cal from about 15yrs ago (has it really been that long? Damn!) It was what I used for my 20 Tactical. IIRC, Douglas was the only game in town if it was .20 caliber back then. Frigging gun still shoots, but is beginning to show its age after quite a few PD hunts...

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 02-26-2015, 12:53 PM

I had a Douglas "Air Guage Supreme" barrel back in 1976 that was made into a 6x47 Rem and that was my first real introduction as to just how accurate some rifles could be! I had it installed on an old 722 action and thoroughly pissed off some BR shooters at some small local rifle club shoots being that I was just a "damn hippie college kid" back then. Now I'm an old fat bald headed man who still loves accuracy!! Hahahahahaha
Old 03-01-2015, 02:27 AM

I doubt Douglas has changed their barrel manufacturing techology or the metallurgy of their steel one iota. Why mess with a successful formula? There's an old saying about Dougas barrels "don't look down 'em. Just shoot 'em."
Old 03-04-2015, 01:00 AM

i have no knowledge of standards used in this industry, but, as in every business, what was successful 30 years ago might very well not be today. just look at the record books.

i took this from their creed on their web page "To refine and perfect our product by continuous testing and research."

i might try one of these barrels in 22-250.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:09 PM

12 twist in a .30 will shoot 168gr. MK's as well as the 150's and 155's, but may not shoot the 190's or heavier. I did manage good accuracy (1/2") close in, as in 100 meters with 190MK's in a worn out .308 Palma 12" twist, but maybe that was an anomaly. I did not try them further out, where the 12" might not work so well.