Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2015, 01:05 PM

Default Why some leave Saubier.....

To the Good Friends at Saubier,

I have had several Saubier buddies ask why I have not "been around" lately posting on the site. Thought I would explain.....
When I first found Saubier and listed myself as a member, I was VERY pleased with the information and the warm welcome that I found here.

Through the years, I performed in-depth research on a couple of issues that were intriguing to me, and I learned a great deal from that investment of time and considerable $s. I shared the results of those experiences here, for others to gain maybe a different view of some controversial issues in the Small Caliber World and shooting in general.

I spent three years apprenticing as a gunsmith with two of the best GS in Little Rock starting when I was 14. Joined the Navy during Vietnam Conflict and served on the nuclear submarine, USS George Washington, SSBN as an EO. Graduated from Colorado State w an advanced degree in Wood Science, where I did extensive research in wood strengths and characteristics, and in combustion of wood as an alternative fuel.

I served on the Hearth Products Board for 6 years and invested in challenging the EPA Regs in regards to air quality, where Corning Company wanted to push through all wood stoves to be required to use one of their catalytic combustors. A significant $ maker for Corning. I showed with research and results from personal and other contributors that emissions could be reduced comparably to catalytic's without their use....simply by good design. I have several patents, a few in the art of combustion of all fuels and have made a living in selling products that use these proprietary designs and provided performance that excels the competition.

I am liquidating a life-time collection of over a $100K worth of firearms, and these are the ones I have kept!!!! Many are unique from the studies of firearms and small cartridges, like the 243 Horny Toad and many other 6mm variants like the 6mm TCM and 24 Calhoon. I preface all this to show that much of what I have shared here with Saubier Buddies, is from no small investment of time and $s.

So, when I took on "Forward Ignition in Cartridges" and "Fast Twist in Varmint Cartridges", I invested my knowledge and experience and understanding of testing and research into these subjects. This information is available to others as postings here on Saubier....along with the attacks to me personally for all to read.

Saubier is as good as it gets, from a place to come and share and learn on Small Cal info. Having a few individuals that use this site as their "personal toilet" that have an agenda of only raising their worth at the expense of others, overwhelms the great value that is possible, and what we all come here to share. It is just not worth the time to fulfill these individuals warped sense of personal value that requires them to bring others down to their level of sewage-thinking.

So, my warning to folks here is to personally police your own responses with the understanding that we all are here to share and learn, and show each other compassion when info is shared that may go against the "norm". And when the few "Dark Ones" that raise their heads with nothing to offer but negativity, shun them and do not support their unsavory behavior. I am sure their heads will show on this post.....Personally, I have had enough of it....

Sincerely,
William T. Oviatt (Bill)
Wood Scientist
Old 05-01-2015, 01:34 PM

Very well said.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:41 PM

Bill, I agree with you 100%
Old 05-01-2015, 01:50 PM

Default Why some leave Saubier..

Very well stated. But do stay in touch and continue with you information. When you so desire. Bill K
Old 05-01-2015, 02:21 PM

These issue come up on every forum. Some are worse than others. Saubier imo isn't that bad. Some boards it's even a certain time of year that they get bad. On a predator hunting forum I am on springtime is the worst time for issues with members with the same argument over killing out of the fur season gets debated. Every year, the same arguement.

The thing about the Internet and forums is if you have the will power, you can choose not to click on a thread or ignore a user. It's really not that hard.

I have enjoyed my short time here and there is a really big wealth of knowledge on this site.

Have a good day.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Supporting Member

Bill I hope this isn't your swan song for Saubier…

I have really enjoyed your posts and would miss your further input as most here will also. Sometimes we have to endure a little bad in order to enjoy the larger good, and I’m okay with that because I have learned so much here. Also there are so many wonderful personalities on Saubier I doubt seriously that one or two "dark ones" (I call 'em bone heads) could keep me away. I just ignore them, but sometimes they have a point too, but it’s usually on the top of their heads.

OMG! I feel a group hug coming on…
Old 05-01-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in VA View Post
but sometimes they have a point too, but it’s usually on the top of their heads.
I like that one!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:50 PM

Well written - eloquent even. Tks for this thread.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:16 PM

Default Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Very well stated. But do stay in touch and continue with you information. When you so desire. Bill K
Plus +++++
Ken.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Supporting Member

Default Great perspective

William,
I'm disappointed to hear what you have to say about Saubier, I appreciate what all you knowledgeable fellows like you contribute to this site. I myself am just a casual varmint hunter I guess you could say, I don't contribute much to this site but I do visit almost if not every day. I hope that you can be persuaded to stay active on this site, if not, we wish you well. I don't understand where the negativity is coming from and I don't have to, but is this happening via PM or how am I missing it?
Thanks again and wishing you well,
Stan