Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Supporting Member

Default this was posted on another website re: NY

This gentleman ordered brass and bullets....

We are very sorry, but due to the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act signed into law yesterday by the Governor of New York, we are no longer able to ship orders to New York for these newly restricted products. Recently, you placed products on backorder that are now restricted by this new law. Unfortunately, we have to cancel your backorder for these products. We have always put Customers first and it pains us to have to cancel your backorder. We hope you understand our actions and are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service
Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM

That sucks!!! I sure hope that ALL gun related companies won't do any business to NY. Just like barret does to California. They won't sell or service to anybody in cali whether local, state, or federal. If everyone did it they would change their tune quickly. Once poeple realize the police cannot get any more ammo or guns the laws will change.

Aaron
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Supporting Member

Or order some from HomeLand Security they have several million rounds put away....

ML
Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge View Post
That sucks!!! I sure hope that ALL gun related companies won't do any business to NY. Just like barret does to California. They won't sell or service to anybody in cali whether local, state, or federal. If everyone did it they would change their tune quickly. Once poeple realize the police cannot get any more ammo or guns the laws will change.

Aaron
Only works if everyone is on board, unfortunately.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM

Default NY

Just what the anti gunners want.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM

Just what I was afraid of. I have a pretty decent order of powder ordered from them that is already in transit so it looks like I skated in under this crap. Can't get Ramshot or Vihtavuori powders anywhere near here so I have to order them. I piled on anything I use that they had in stock as well since I had to pay the hazmat fee. Luckily
I live 5 minutes from the PA border so I will be buying anything I need from shops there. I will have to send my reloading supplies to my parents house in PA as well I guess. Not much of a selection of reloading supplies at local shops, I get most of my bullets and brass by mail. I am NOT doing a background check on ammo. I don't buy much factory ammo anyway but I refuse to do it.

Hell, Police agencies can't get ammunition now. Our last 223 order has been on backorder forever. We had to skip training with patrol rifles last fall because of it. Thought we would have it by spring firearms but that doesn't look good either.

18 months until I can leave this state.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM

From what I can gather , that fellow ordered Bullets from Midway and the so called Ban is on Loaded Ammunition not Bullets ( but don't know for sure ) . I also don't know if Powder is included or not . There are all kinds of Legal challenges being filed at this point . The protection of not publishing the names and addresses of Pistol Permit Owners in NY is not automatic and requires you to File a Confidentiality Form at your County Clerks Office . This is all a big MESS at this point . Oh , BTW , Gov. Cuomo has $25 Million in his 2016 Presidential Campaign Fund .

Last edited by xring; 01-17-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM

Default Posted re. N.Y. new gun laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge View Post

Aaron
I am retired Police officer and I really, really hope all firearms companies move or relocate out of N.Y. state and all. And when the police go to buy ammo, departments/officers they can not find or get any. Will served the Cuomo and Bloomberg right, even tho the officers will suffer. Sure will stop crime, the new laws, right ? Would like to know if the Gov and Mayor stopped bringing in ammo from other states, that would really put a crimp on civil service and getting ammo. Again it would serve the right Bill K
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Default This was posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntngoat View Post
Or order some from HomeLand Security they have several million rounds put away....

ML
I heard that USPS and Social Security office's did the same, makes you wonder if their armed officers will be the one's Obama orders to confiscate guns, down the road ? Bill K
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Supporting Member

Default SSA guards

Took my mother down to Soc. Security a while back and there was an armed guard there, nasty s.o.b. too. Had to laugh, the liberals have created such an entitlement mindset that now their constituency isn't willing to be grateful for their unearned bounty and are demanding more.

My father worked for Soc.Sec starting in the 60's and they knew it would come to this. Moynihan warned against it. Oh well, I'm getting way OT.