Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Supporting Member

Default OT Stir Crazy

I don't know how much longer I can take it. I am a prisoner in my own house. If I should even get the sniffles it could be lights out for me. So I don't even get visitors. Heck even Murderers are allowed visitors. I have seen every episode of Pawn Stars and could probably produce a decent tasting run of Moonshine. My reloading desk has the Pencils lined up within 0.010 of each other. There isn't a piece of Brass that isn't loaded or primed and ready to be.

I got a PM from a fella on the Newjerseyhunter website. He is one of the designers of Keytruda the Chemo/Medicine I am on. He said at the beginning the patients had Tumors doubling in size very fast after receiving the medicine so they stopped it for several weeks as they thought they we actually feeding the Cancer. They discovered that as they unmasked the Cancer and the body attacked it the white blood cells were attaching themselves to the Cancer and thus the increase in size. He says it will get very nasty before it gets better. Good thing is I can see just that happening so I know it's working.

I am about bored as one fella could be. I asked the members on NJH if they had any Rifles they needed to have a good cleaning and lube or a Scope mounted to bring it on over and I would do it. I have a few responses but nothing has shown up yet. Brushed my Black Squirrel this morning. That took me 30 minutes. Takes time to brush a Squirrel correctly.

Well I guess I will go watch the Old Man yell at Chumlee some more.

Your friend,
Steve
Old 03-22-2017, 04:26 PM

Steve I'm sure stir crazy is tough but thank the Lord your alive and able to be stir crazy. As of a couple of weeks ago it wasn't look good. I'm so happy to hear of the progress your making. It's very encouraging and brings a smile every time you post. If you lived closer I would set you up on my progressive press and pump out some pistol ammo. I've been putting it off all winter. Anyway as strange as it sounds I'm happy you can be stir crazy. It's good news!
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 PM

Default OT stir crazy

For sure being shut in, is not one bit of fun and all. But it beats the alternative. If I were closer, I would give you a few weapons to really go over and clean, for me, better than I probably do.. But atlas. Stay positive Steve. Bill K
Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 PM

Stevo, glad to hear you are on Keytruda. That is one of the "big three" of the immunology drugs that seem to be working for folks. It takes some time to work and knock down the cancer cells, but it works. I was on Interferon for a year back in 2010, but then had a recurrence in 2014 and took Yervoy, which was the first available FDA approved immunology based cancer drugs. So far it has worked and kept things stable. Keep the faith and stay strong.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:16 AM

Sounds like they're zeroing in on this stuff, Thank the Lord, hang in there Sir.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Supporting Member

It's one of those medicines that make your Tumors look far worse than they are. I was told the Cancer would get angry and ugly. Well that is what would be happening if the medicine wasn't working too so who the heck knows. I feel pretty good today. I have some Bullets arriving today and some Brass tomorrow so that will keep me busy for awhile.

Hanging in there