Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Supporting Member

Default Such is life

I bow shot a deer about 5 this evening. I wasn't sure of the hit so I went home and ate supper and the wife and I went back and tracked it down.
We was just a little late, the coyotes already had the hind quarters.
To top it off, we had to drag it out. I figured there wouldn't be anything left if I waited for daylight to take the 4 wheeler in. Kenny

I pride myself in being able to make decisions with little information.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Supporting Member

Kenny, disappointing for you. Our wild dogs & foxes seem to like a little maturing of the meat before dining out. Clearly a culinary class above coyotes

" such is life " Is reputed to be the last words of the bush ranger Ned Kelly, before his final drop at the end of a rope.

Johno
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Supporting Member

Sounds like it's time to go coyote hunting. Hope it quits raining, wife took the week off for deer. Wet is not her favorite season! Tom.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Supporting Member

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/ji...82&rid=3514680
Old 11-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Default Coyotes are getting bolder

Congratulations on the buck. My friend shot one this year and watched the deer drop. He couldn't see the deer laying there but he knew somthing was going on. A coyote was on the deer before he could get to it. He went to the deer and the coyote came back and he shot it at 15ft with his bow. The deer had already had it rear end opened up by the coyote. The coyotes are making noise every night by my house. I shot a 52lb one last year by my barn. Called him in to within 15 yards. I am thinking about a 17HM2 for a short range coyote rifle at my house. 22's ricochette so much and I don't want as much noise as the centerfires. I told my wife to not put her house dog out alone at night.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid5 View Post
Congratulations on the buck. My friend shot one this year and watched the deer drop. He couldn't see the deer laying there but he knew somthing was going on. A coyote was on the deer before he could get to it. He went to the deer and the coyote came back and he shot it at 15ft with his bow. The deer had already had it rear end opened up by the coyote. The coyotes are making noise every night by my house. I shot a 52lb one last year by my barn. Called him in to within 15 yards. I am thinking about a 17HM2 for a short range coyote rifle at my house. 22's ricochette so much and I don't want as much noise as the centerfires. I told my wife to not put her house dog out alone at night.
Sounds like "house cat in distress" would be a good program to have on the foxpro.

Kenny, sorry to hear about your deer. that sux.

Let them have it, Dave.

Larry

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office