Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
Nice GTX, I love the Mopar muscle cars, just gave up trying to find one that wasn't off the charts in cost. That body style is on just about everyones radar. Custom shop in Wylie has a 69 Roadrunner convertible in the middle of a complete resto and a neighbor down the street has a factory GTX race car, complete with build sheet. The GTX is insured for...gulp...6 figures, he won't tell me the exact amount.
Thanks. They are getting hard to find. I should have sold it a couple of years ago when the prices were way, way up there, but I didn't.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Supporting Member

I arranged to buy this from my friend in Indiana on one of my trips to the US.
When I bought it I could start it and drive it, and have only driven it probably 5 miles since i bought it.

It has spent most of it's life in New Zealand on the rotisserie that I built for it.
So far the small bit of rust it had has been removed and patch panels shaped and welded in. Now I'm accumulating all the bits (and funds) required to reassemble it the way I want it.......can anyone help arrange a bit of floor panel and trunk lid from a 2005 on Mustang??

This is the photo of before I bought it

A photo of it rolling over

This is after it had been dismantled and on it's way to get soda blasted.

This is after it had been cleaned, rust removed, patch panels welded in and all the panel beating done.

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 07-25-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Supporting Member

Default nice '69 stang

Nice '69 stang and putting it on the roto is the way to do it. What are your plans for it, what was the original drive train? Back to original or maybe you've got a 428 SCJ stashed in the corner of the shop? Weekend family cruiser or highway terror!! I knew it, doesn't matter what part of the world your in....guns and cars!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick w. View Post
"E" model? Just was wondering if the 57 t-bird was a 312 dual quad or not?

Rick he traded his original unrestored "E" model on this one I told him he was crazy for doing so. But he wanted to enjoy it while he still could. But it was one of the original duals, that he bought back in 64'

ML
Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K22 View Post
Thanks. They are getting hard to find. I should have sold it a couple of years ago when the prices were way, way up there, but I didn't.

I hot rod TV this week they had a 64 Goat. I think I coudl we persuaded to take a liking to Mopar. Would look good being towed by my Dodge CTD truck!

ML
Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
maybe you've got a 428 SCJ stashed in the corner of the shop?
I say a Jon Kaase Racing Boss 9 with Hillborne injection http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com...1-engines.html

ML
Old 07-25-2011, 03:20 PM

ML,

Indeed, those T-birds of those years are super special machines.

I grew up with the GTO's. As a highschooler, I saw some of the early 64's with the 389 and 3 twos, guess it won me over. Looked at the 421 SD's, but at the time the aluminum in front put me off. I finally got my first new GTO in 67, a silver blue with the new 400 ci with the new valves and the then new quadrajet. Even tried out the 442(455 smoger) in 73, emerald green with stripes. But the GTO's were just special to me.

Later on, I got a 65 GTO with the 3 twos, that we put a tubo400 in, as it had the coffee can vacuum assist for the outer two carbs. Passing gear was passing gear with that one. Sold that one to some kid, and got a green 65 with power everything and powerglide. The all power one is gone too,and the 67 silver blue went to my brotherinlaw that promptly went to sleep at the wheel and rolled it to nothingness, but he did ok other than a broken arm.

I miss the Pontiac mills with their torque. My C4 ZR1 and C5 Z06 does not match them in torque in any fashion. Looked at the new ZR1 with the supercharger, but they are kinda proud of them..............but what a car........ :-)

Kinda got some handle on this forum's picture capabilities; a ways from being an expert it seems. The Quasar Blue ZR1 is a 90, with the Lotus dual overhead cam, 32 valve, 16 injector Mercury Marine(Stillwater, Ok) aluminum engine. Even had the purple metal film windshield. The Z06 is a bit more plain inside and outside, but is lighter........yeah, I was a kid once(a good time back) too with sleepers, but today; I kinda enjoy airconditioning with a bit of power.

Rick

Last edited by rick w.; 07-25-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added picts and addmendum
Old 07-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Supporting Member

Default OK Rick

you asked for it, "C4 ZR1 and a C5 ZO6"....if your gonna drop names then......

Old 07-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Supporting Member

I'm currently trying to talk my wife into needing a Jeep scrambler. While its no muscle car its American iron!

ML
Old 07-25-2011, 04:07 PM

Kiwishooter - bring that with you the next time you come over. I know this little PD town that we could drive it around in, just pop them out the window.