Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-27-2015, 11:24 PM

Adam, at one point tools4cheap.net was selling a gear set for the Heavy 10 that would set you up for metric threads.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:28 PM

Default New Hope for fireball

Their website show that the mini bolt is about one inch shorter than the small action. 6.0 compared to 6.9 . So it may make a difference in ability to work the 221 case. Although they show available, right now in 223 Rem and 204 R. So I wonder about the magazine length. Bill K
Old 01-28-2015, 12:56 AM

Default Howa

Just like CZ's never got one to shoot really well without a setback or rebarrel job.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleman View Post
Just like CZ's never got one to shoot really well without a setback or rebarrel job.
Haven't had a CZ yet that wouldn't reliably shoot under 1/2" @ 100yds. The secret totheo the 527 is they don't like a light hold. A firm pull into the shoulder and they all shoot just fine. Didn't affect field accuracy changing to a normal light grip.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Their website show that the mini bolt is about one inch shorter than the small action. 6.0 compared to 6.9 . So it may make a difference in ability to work the 221 case. Although they show available, right now in 223 Rem and 204 R. So I wonder about the magazine length. Bill K

The magazines on the current rifles have are blocked at the rear, but even at .223 length, they feed and extract Fireballs just fine, as I mentioned in my earlier post. They don't have to have special magazine parts or re-positioning the extractor like you have to do with a Remington 700.

I don't really see the need for this new action length, but I'll bet it'll run like a scalded cat with Fireballs. It's a heavy action anyway, but this will at least help cut down the weight a bit. The 1500s are a bit clunky and overweight, but for all that, they are very well made. It should be a very nice rifle, in any case.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Supporting Member

I've owned a couple of standard Howa rifles and they are very serviceable but nothing to write home about.

Its too bad, IMO, that the the new short action has to come with a detachable magazine. YUK...

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine