Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-29-2017, 10:37 PM
Supporting Member

Default Vickerman dies

I have a 14 caliber Vickerman Seating die and love it. I bought it from the company. I got on line to see if they would make me a 10 and 12 caliber die as well and it looks like they are no longer in business. I know its a shot in the dark but does anyone out there know where I can get one of these in 10 and 12 caliber. Any help at all is more than greatly appreciated.
Ralph
Old 05-29-2017, 10:41 PM
Supporting Member

Default Vickerman Dies

I would even be interested in another 14 cal die as well just for back up.
Thanks,
Ralph
Old 05-29-2017, 11:21 PM
Supporting Member

Default Vickerman Dies

If anyone has a leed or info on any of these please PM me.
Thanks,
Ralph
Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 PM
Supporting Member

Default A shot in the dark, but...

You might try talking with these guys. They carry the dies and if they don't have your calibers they might know where you can find them.

https://www.buffaloarms.com/reloadin...t-seating-dies
Old 05-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Supporting Member

Default Vickerman Dies

Thanks guys. Im going to check on it and post if I can find any info.
Thanks again,
Ralph
Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 PM
Supporting Member

Default Vickerman Dies

Well Guys,
I eas finally able to get in touch with a fellow about getting or making me a 10 and 12 caliber seating die. I have the 14 and cant imagine loading these calibers eithout one. Anyhow he was driving at the time I called but took my name and number and was going to get back to me. It does sound somewhat promising so I will keep you posted and if any of you are interested please PM me with what you want and I can relay that to him. I am thinking that if he had a larger order than just my 2 dies he may be more inclined to make more.
Ralph
Old 07-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Supporting Member

How are these dies any better than the Redding or RCBS window type micrometer dies, which seem to cost about half, what you indicated for these?
Old 07-21-2017, 10:42 PM
Supporting Member

Default Vickerman Dies

For standard calibers, that may be the way to go but for me wanting a 10 and 12 caliber the wait time and cost for RCBS goes through the roof. They would have to be special order and the last set of custom dies I ordered through RCBS was close to a year to get them and even going through CH4D which i dont think they make these was also a lengthy wait because they have to wait for a total order to make it cost effective and that means enough to send them to heat treat to harded them. Dave, the owner of the company that sometimes it takes more than 6 months to accumulate enough dies to have a full load for the furnace. But RCBS for 17 cal and larger may be the way to go. It would certainly be worth while to check it out. It very well may be the way to go through RCBS. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
How are these dies any better than the Redding or RCBS window type micrometer dies, which seem to cost about half, what you indicated for these?

A Redding competition micrometer seater, even for a plain jane .223 will cost you $100.00......
Old 07-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Supporting Member

Default Vickerman Die update

I had a phone conversation eith the fellow that makes the dies, Bill 4 days ago and he said he would get back to me. I left a message yesterday saying there may be others in out group who may be interested as well. I told him I a. Definitely in for 2 and maybe 3. If I dont hear back this week I'll try to get in touch with him again.