Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2015, 01:13 PM

I can't open any of the dropbox links on my computer! Hopefully someone else can & let us now just what you have!!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 PM

Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 AM

Wow!!! You "MAY" have a "National Treasure" my friend. Damn shame some IDIOT drilled & tapped the dovetails. You wonder what the heck they were thinking, or should I say "not" thinking. Looks like some Rube Goldberg version of a quick disconnect scope mount. The ringmounts you mentioned using will cover the rear hole & one of the front holes, leaving only one screw plug visible (barely) under the scope tube. Remove those bases, hold them over the nearest trash receptacle & drop them so no one else can desecrate another rare Sako. I have never seen a solid bottom single shot complete L579/AII Sako rifle. Hopefully it is genuine. Be aware that someone "could" have put a 308 Heavy Barrel on that action & put it in a L579 Varmint stock to create what you have. What the inletting is like & what the bottom metal is will tell us more. My hope is that it is the real deal. Great rifle regardless. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:42 AM

It has the factory bottom metal.. with latch.

So, I am guessing it could be somebody during the years purchased the individual parts, and put it together.

Anyways, $600 is a fair price.

However, we are only allowed 6 hunting weapons, and I currently have that. So, it might be a problem buying it.. if I should buy it.