Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-15-2019, 11:53 AM

Default More Groundhogs/Ohio?

I noticed just this year that I am seeing markedly more Groundhogs in my suburb while driving. A couple of years ago, I went out to cut my grass, then saw one in my yard that ran under my car. I normally in the last 10-15 years I have lived here, seen 0 Groundhogs, except for back in "the glory days" when they were common (pre Coyote days, I guess). I have not been noticing as many Coyotes in this area as I. used to, as well.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:37 PM
Supporting Member

Danny , maybe it was an exception but I had a ground hog that would travel 50 ft to the front yard to eat. Would hide under the car if scared. One day the car was running bad, turns out that little sucker was chewing on the wire harness.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:48 PM

The fields I hunt haven't been cut as of yet, hopefully this will be a better year than last (total of 35 for me and my buddy) as opposed to 45 the year before.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
... turns out that little sucker was chewing on the wire harness.
When I was living in Blacksburg, Va. one of the TV stations in Roanoke had a piece about a car that kept running out of gas. The guy barely made it to a repair shop after filling the tank twice and the mechanic found a grounhog in the engine compartment. Stupid GH had been chewing on the fuel line.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:00 PM

you've had grand growth conditions for the little buggers, they'll be over flowing you soon enough. Forecast indicates that corn and soy fields will be really good places to cruise.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:38 AM

On Monday after work, I scared a big Woodchuck in my front yard. He was really big and fat and looked like he was "rolling" when he ran.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:57 PM

Rodents chewing on wiring and hoses, is directly related to the use and mis-use of corn. There is so much excess corn grown in the US and Canada now, THEY are scrambling to find 'uses' for it. Inclusion into wiring and hoses is one of those, thus, the propensity of rodent species eating 'them'.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:04 PM

Rodents have been eating on wiring and other rubber type of items, for years before corn products were introduced. They are more after the salt taste in such. Old vehicles, wiring around cabins hoses, etc. were chewed on for years. Bill K
Old 06-29-2019, 01:53 AM

I have a feeling this year the groundhogs and pheasants are gonna do a shade better as roundup and other cancer causing sprays aren't going to be blasting them and the babies. Alot of ground isn't going to be filled up.... especially the low spots and marginal edge cover.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:11 AM

Thumbs up Pests eating auto wiring.....

.....is what Toyota has experienced for a few years in it's vehicles, since changing one of the wiring insulation ingredients to.......SOY!!!

Eco idiots are running amok!!

Kevin