Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2015, 01:47 AM

i'm in!!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:53 AM

I run into lots of feral cats when I am professionally shooting rabbits, they camp in the warrens and eat the youngsters, which I consider as my crop of next seasons lambs. Shoot every one of the mongrel things I can get a crosshair on. Went as far as building a special cat rifle in 20/222 just for the job. It has claimed several hundred over the last few years. Specially love those ones that sit up trees thinking they are safe..........bad news ferals.
Ausvarmint is still going strong, and several members on here are on there as well. Glennlasher, I haven't seen you over there for a fair while, wondering if when they changed the format of the forum, you somehow got the chop.
Who really cares what poor old Bridget has to say these days, just as irrelevant as all those other washed, up has-been retard actors. She was hot in her day, but I don't think there was much brain power mixed up with the body power she had.

Strange thing with our governments, both state and federal, will admit that shooting, either professionally or sporting, will have an impact on ferals, other than to spread them across the country. There was one supposed scientist in Tasmania that came out with the startling revelation that for every feral cat shot, 5 would take its place. As stated before I shoot hundreds, by his reasoning there should be, thousands more out on the properties I shoon, funny thing is, there isn't. Makes me wonder why the Government pays this blokes salery, which will probably be a six figure sum for many years. Really not very good value for money.
Of course our media love to sensationalise this kind or rubbish, as it increases the readers numbers, which in turn increases their advertising revenue. No fair and unbiased reporting over here fellas, especially with relation to firearms, so take everything you read about firearms in Australia, with a very big grain of salt.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:09 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Read awhile back about the claim: Kill a coyote and two will take it's place"
Someone responded: " in that case you haven't killed enough of them in the first place". Same thing goes with the cats no matter where they are.

I've been doing my best around here to keep them under control. This .17M2 does JOB on 'em! Then I just bag 'em and toss in the trash. One fell out of the bag while I was watching the haulers. He looked n saw me watching, said something to his buddy and tossed it in the truck.

Same stupid notions are going on here. Trapping, then sterilizing and return them to where they were trapped because "others will just take their place, eventually no kittens the cats will age themselves out". Rather xxx-g stupid in my opinion.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 07-23-2015, 07:34 AM

Default "Dunno why, but they call them "Moggies" downunder."

What is a "moggy?"

http://www.cat-world.com.au/General-...s-a-moggy.html
Old 07-23-2015, 07:46 AM

Honestly guys, we found him like this

Pete
Old 07-23-2015, 08:58 AM

To add a bit more information, I also collect blood and tissue samples from the cats that I shoot, for a study at one of our universities into toxoplasmosis, I weigh each one, and have not found one that was over 5.2 kilograms. Maybe the weights quoted have been converted to pounds and got their numbers mixed up. Generally they are scrawny rangy looking critters, the only fat ones I have shot have been pregnant females.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:20 AM

Glenn that explains why you disappeared

www.ausvarmint.com is still going strong

my cyber home
Old 07-23-2015, 05:03 PM

Thanks Trev, that explains it. When the format changed, my membership got the boot.

Thanks, too, to trelliswires, for the link to the explanation of Moggy, which was always a mystery to me.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:47 AM

this is at the camp ground/pub at William Creek. If you've seen Crocodile Dundee you get the idea what the pub is like. Out back South Australia

Thought you might like the photo

Old 07-25-2015, 12:52 AM

Funny as heck but, the smell has to be nasty!