Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-12-2014, 03:47 AM
Supporting Member

At to the trigger fix here ya go. It use to be Eric Brooks kit at $14.00 but prices go up, now it's $18.00. Here's a link to an article and a link to the site to get the kit. As It tells ya I'm sure, the kit does several rifles and the trigger is surprisingly nice. Mine is set with the 1 lb spring as all my varmint rifles are set as close to that as possible for rifle to rifle consistency.

Here's the article.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...install-97497/

Here's the site for the kit.

http://www.yodaveproducts.com/

Lotta good rings out there that work well. I like the Millett offering but Alex will disagree .

http://www.millettsights.com/rings-bases/

Leupold makes em as does Burris and I'm sure others as well. I'd check MidSouth and Graf and Son for prices .
Old 01-12-2014, 02:31 PM

Default CZ 452/455 Trigger

John, I used the Eric Brooks kit in my CZ 452, and it reduced the pull to around 10 ozs. Great for bench shooting, but a tad light for the field. It comes with springs for various pull weights, and is probably the less expensive and most useful of the lot I've found to date.

And for another choice in rings, check out the Hunker rings from James Calhoon. You can get a full .125" lower to the bore with his rings vs. the others.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Supporting Member

I've got a 1717D HB. It shoots very well with the Hornady 17gr. It will shoot into half an inch consistently. Since I don't shoot a lot of the round I never bothered to pick up another rifle I like better. Not that I don't like the Anschutz, but this one doesn't balance at all well, on or off bench, with that heavy barrel, and I despise that nasty stiff wing safety. Doesn't matter shooting off the bench since I'm a stickler for keeping an open bolt until just before getting on the trigger, but I also use this rifle for sneaking up on prairie dogs the safety is a real PIA. Probably one of those things that a smith could fix for a few dollars, but it never gets to the top of the list.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Supporting Member

Rifle Basix makes and excellent trigger for the 452. If is more money the the YoDave or kits like it but it is also much more widly adjustable without changing the springs. I have two of them on 452s and really like them, though I have had good results from the spring kits too.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Default 17hmr

Could consider the CZ453 with the single set trigger. I've compared the 453 with the 452 fitted with the Brooks kit and the triggers on both were a pleasure.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Default 17hmr

Could consider the CZ453 that comes fitted from the factory with a single set trigger. I've compared the 453 with the 452 fitted with the Brooks kit and the triggers on both were a pleasure.