Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-31-2008, 02:40 AM

First Dakota, then Small Caliber News and now Cooper. All in all a pretty tough year for shooters. Expect more change drawfing these if Obama wins.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:13 AM
Supporting Member

Default USA Today followup

"Rifle maker bounces boss who supports Obama"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...o-ousted_N.htm

For those that object to our objections, note the "other side" calls us whackos.

Greg
Old 10-31-2008, 05:32 AM

It's hard to believe that Cooper has had a conversation with Obama and believes that Obama "... is a staunch supporter of the right to hunt and the right to bear arms."

Surely Cooper is a member of the NRA. He must have seen some of the reams of information about Obama's anti-gun stance. He can't have missed the usual election-season spectacle of anti-gun politicians pretending to be hunters and shooters; even Hillary tried it.

I would like to believe Cooper has just been believing what he hears on TV, but I think he's been supporting Obama too long for that.

By the way, the American Hunters and Shooters Association mentioned in the article is an anti-gun group. Their president is the guy calling us "wackos." The NRA has been reporting about them for a while.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Did anyone else see the O interview with Brian Williams today about who he'd appoint to the Supreme Court?

It was very brief and quickly changed. but, O said he 'would find a judge that would change the S/C's DC gun ruling'.
Sure would be nice to get a full print out/quote of that part. BW was asking him about abortion and whether he'd appoint someone that would change that, then changed to gun control. This was O's response.
IF anyone with good hearing caught that full wording PLEASE post it here.

More than convinced me. But. I'm way beyond the point of needing convincing about Oblama's gun stance. I've been reading NRA for yrs. That's the way I vote. No one that doesnt' have at least a B endorsement gets my vote regardless. Just my opinions again, we all know some of them are off the trail system.

Now then, Cooper Firearms needs to issue the notice in order to survive. Wish them well.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 10-31-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
Did anyone else see the O interview with Brian Williams today about who he'd appoint to the Supreme Court?

It was very brief and quickly changed. but, O said he 'would find a judge that would change the S/C's DC gun ruling'.
Sure would be nice to get a full print out/quote of that part. BW was asking him about abortion and whether he'd appoint someone that would change that, then changed to gun control. This was O's response.
IF anyone with good hearing caught that full wording PLEASE post it here.

More than convinced me. But. I'm way beyond the point of needing convincing about Oblama's gun stance. I've been reading NRA for yrs. That's the way I vote. No one that doesnt' have at least a B endorsement gets my vote regardless. Just my opinions again, we all know some of them are off the trail system.

Now then, Cooper Firearms needs to issue the notice in order to survive. Wish them well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDb6TBg61Pg
Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

DC3:
Thank you, but, I don't have speakers.
Can someone post the text to this??

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 10-31-2008, 12:06 PM

There wasn't anything concrete and quotable in that interview, George. He didn't say who he'd appoint, he was just describing the how he'd solicit a potential nominee's judicial philosophy. The only concrete bit he added was that he believed that the 2nd amendment is an individual right--pure BS.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Supporting Member

Dan Cooper is too far gone. There's no way he'll see reason now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DittoHead View Post
It's hard to believe that Cooper has had a conversation with Obama and believes that Obama "... is a staunch supporter of the right to hunt and the right to bear arms."

Surely Cooper is a member of the NRA. He must have seen some of the reams of information about Obama's anti-gun stance. He can't have missed the usual election-season spectacle of anti-gun politicians pretending to be hunters and shooters; even Hillary tried it.

I would like to believe Cooper has just been believing what he hears on TV, but I think he's been supporting Obama too long for that.

By the way, the American Hunters and Shooters Association mentioned in the article is an anti-gun group. Their president is the guy calling us "wackos." The NRA has been reporting about them for a while.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 PM

I'd like to think Cooper might see the light if he got the full story on Obama.

Yesterday on Rush Limbaugh's radio program there were some sound bites from an Obama interview with a Chicago public radio or TV program from around 2003. Obama said the biggest mistake the founders of our country made was the constitution. He complained that the Warren-led Supreme Court was not radical enough because it didn't break from the constitution, and that our legal system was flawed because it didn't provide a mechanism for the courts to oversee the redistribution of wealth.

Mostly I'm just sad that one of our own has been enchanted by the likes of Obama, but the man has made his choice. I'll continue to be a Cooper Arms of Montana customer if Dan Cooper is gone. If the guy comes back to our side, I'll welcome him with open arms. I hope he comes back.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Supporting Member

Default re: Dan Cooper

I just called Cooper to express my continued respect and support for Cooper Firearms and for Mr. Dan Cooper. I have also sent an email to them stating the same.
Far too much has been made of this without Dan having a chance to respond.
I can not be critical of Mr. Cooper for openly participating in our two party system. That his views or yours might be different than mine is not wrong it's the way it is.
If you want to vote with your wallet that is also the way it is. Your concern is understandable. The personal attacks have not been.
It's the "you're better than him" that is bothersome. Second guessing is just that. That the major party candidate he contributed to is not your candidate may be a big deal to you it is not to me. To go into name calling says more about the person doing that than it does about Mr. Cooper.
The internet is a means of communication and a forceful one at that. However is should be used wisely and carefully. All that's been accomplished through this is to guarantee that contributors to candidates in the future will be more careful about keeping it from the public. Which is the better situation folks?
I, further, take exception to the implication that the views expressed on this matter and on this forum represent the majority of us. It would rather appear to be a "vocal" minority.
I have Dan Cooper's back and that of Cooper Firearms on this one.
Flame away to your hearts content, I'm going to the range with my Cooper 17 AH

John
Cooper JSR 22LR
Cooper Classic 22LR
Cooper Class Schnabel 17AH
Cooper Custom Classic 17 Squirrel