Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM
Supporting Member

Jim, you was not only a wise man, you was fortunate. Growing up I never really heard of the 5mm mag. It’s been such a fun round for us, I feel very fortunate to have found out about them and now owning several.

Amen Matt, although you are making me feel a bit guilty. Last year I decided to thin the herd. Only sold a few and now I’m out of room in my safe again. I guess I could blame it on my son who has been having a lot of fun with guns, shooting and reloading lol. Maybe one of these day I’ll grow up!

Double D, I’m not sure but it seems to me that the 5mm Mag had a spurt where a lot more people was buying and enjoying them. Then the price of the little 591/592s seems to jump about $400 more. It was just one person who dearly loves the 22 mag and in his opinion like to trash the 5 Mag and that’s ok, we all have different experiences.

I like to 22 mag, I would never want to get rid of my 22 mags especially the CZ 512, Rem 597 auto loaders. I dearly enjoy the 77/22 mag also just prefer an auto in rimfire.

I think the 17 WSM would be the one to compare or bring into to a comparison discussion for both ammo price and performance. That said long live the 17hm2 and HMR... there all really fun and have their special place for someone out their. I happen to be the oddball that has a lot of special places for most all small calibers lol
Old 04-19-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post

Double D, I’m not sure but it seems to me that the 5mm Mag had a spurt where a lot more people was buying and enjoying them. Then the price of the little 591/592s seems to jump about $400 more. It was just one person who dearly loves the 22 mag and in his opinion like to trash the 5 Mag and that’s ok, we all have different experiences.
I sold it because I couldn't find ammo for it anymore. The Guy I sold it to couldn't find ammo either, but did have the skills and abilities to make it into a .22Mag.

Hindsight. Might have been a forewarning of how gun blind I have been over the years.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Supporting Member

Meh! The Contender Carbines in 5mm are kind of cool...

Last edited by Eric Mayer; 04-20-2019 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Adding more pictures.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:01 PM

Looks good. May add another barrel to my TC Contender set ups, but it will be either a 17 fireball or 17 WSM. Bill K Love that nutmeg lami stock..
Old 04-20-2019, 11:52 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Looks good. May add another barrel to my TC Contender set ups, but it will be either a 17 fireball or 17 WSM. Bill K Love that nutmeg lami stock..
Thanks! It's a Revolution stock from Haus of Guns. It fit perfectly and all the edges are smoothed out nicely. Definitely helped with the accuracy.