Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-16-2018, 03:48 AM

Default Scope rings/bases for BRNO ZKW 465?

Gents:

Can anyone recommend a nice looking ring/base combo for the BRNO ZKW 465? Will CZ rings and bases fit?

Thanks,

Jordan
Old 07-16-2018, 10:53 PM

I believe that the 465 uses the same 16mm dovetail mounting system as the CZ 527. If this is actually the case then ranked from lowest ring height to the tallest height. Calhoun makes a horizontally split set of rings and Warne a vertically split set. These rings may (probably will!) cause a problem with bolt handle clearance at the scope objective. Leupold makes a medium set that is a bit taller. You may have the same scope/bolt issues with these. And then Burris make a medium set, CZ makes a factory set (horizontally split) , Talley makes a set (vertically split) and Warne tall rings that are all about the same height as the factory rings. Leupold makes a tall set of rings that I believe (don't actually know) are about factory height. And Millet use to make rings but I have zero experience with there product. If you have access to the European market look up Kozap. You might also look up Lynx mounts (South Africa). After that it is air gun mounts or rail systems. In my opinion of the rings I've used the best looking rings are Calhoun then Leupold/Burris followed by Talley then Warne and finally the CZ factory rings. Hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:20 PM

I am not sure if you can get these mounts over your way, but they are a very good mount with lots of windage ajustment front and rear. I believe he ships internationally.

http://www.lynxoptics.com.au/
Old 07-16-2018, 11:21 PM

Here is a link to from CZ-USA with data for ring availability for rifles. If you measure your BRNO ZKW 465 dovetail width, this may help.

http://cdn.cz-usa.com/hammer/wp-cont...unts_list_.pdf
Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 PM

I should have put this in my first post, my experience is all with 1 inch scope tubes.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:07 AM

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. This board is such a wealth of information from so many unselfish folks. Thank you!