Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 PM

Imperial or Lee case wax. I have and use both, actually prefer the Lee for slippery.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Supporting Member

What I have is an 8 oz hand spray bottle. After the alcohol evaporates it gets fairly tacky, and be sure the alcohol is all evaporated or you can easily stick a case. I think Dillon's lube may be the same thing re-labeled. Midway used to carry the Rooster Labs stuff IIRC. I don't do much any case forming, but FL/bump everything. Recently got into 300BLK with 3 sons & have been working on loading a bunch of ammo for all of us. I had the Rooster lube for awhile in the cabinet, so decided to use it for the 2100 or so cases I needed to FL size before loading the 300 BLK ammo. I did manage to stick a case right away, but after figuring out that I needed to thoroughly dry the alcohol out of the lube, it worked great with not even a hint of a problem. I would just spread a couple hundred cases on a hand towel, spray them pretty well, jostle them in the towel, then spray a little more & jostle again. After that I spread them in front of a fan on a clean towel to force-dry the alcohol, then sized them. I may try this stuff the next time I need to make a few extra 300BLK cases.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Supporting Member

Default rooster

I see that Custom Reloading Tools dot com handle Rooster products but I have never tried it.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Supporting Member

A long time ago I used the spray bottle of case lube. It was simple and easy to use but later on I found that doing (or making) some of the more involved cases the spray didn't really work well. I decided to try both Imperial Wax and Lee's case lube and found they both worked really well although I mostly use the Imperial Wax because it was a little easier for me to apply to each case. I usually run all my cases through the vibrator cleaner after being formed or full length sized but I never really payed attention to how long it took to clean either the Imperial Wax or the Lee case lube off -- this may be an important issue with some people. I'm a bit lazy and don't try to clean the lube off prior to the cases going into the vibrator cleaner but then I'm not a top notch reloader so take that into account.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
Hornadys Unique which is half the cost for twice the quantity of Imperial.
I really like the unique, less friction and easier to work with and wipe off.