Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-21-2006, 12:13 PM

the reply I got from brad today

Hello from Utah
Yes I am making the old Rampro actions with some improvements,like a Sako extractor and a better bolt release etc.The action diameter is 1.350 and it is only 4.960 long to the front of the bolt handle and has a tang that feathers out like a Hall.
McMillan has the inletting program so you can talk to them about the
different stocks it will fit in.I don't have the 5.7x28 bolt face,but I will have one real soon because I want to build one necked down to .15 and .17.The port length is 2.030" and I make them right or left,but only have right bolts for now and it does have a one piece recoil lug and any Remington style trigger will fit and it uses a Remington adl trigger guard.You can use 2 Remington front bases of any style or I am making a 1 pc base with a 3/8 dovetail for Kelby etc. rings.I do not have the website up yet,I want to have over 100 actions ready before I do and I am getting real close to that target.I am asking around about an exporter and should know about that after Thanksgiving.I hope I have covered all your questions,if not just email me again or call.

Thanx Brad 801-731-8152

hope this can help you guys

maybe we can get together and make a group buy to help Brad reach 100

if this violates the advertising rules please delete- and sorry but I thought y'all like to know

thanks
later
P
Old 11-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Wasatach Actions

What the previous thread did not mention.

Brad has been working more hours than a guy should to make all this come to life. He is one of the hardest working, meticulous, it must be right kind of guy, you will ever know. He will not put anything on the market which is half assed. Every detail of this action has been though and rethought through. If there is a better way of doing something it will be looked at. When all is said and done, there will be nothing which you can compare it to.

We should all be thankfull for Brads efforts, in making this come to life. It takes all kinds of sacrifices to make this kind of endevor work.
I know, and have worked with Brad, and I can tell you from seeing his work, and watching the process evolve, this is going to be the standard everything else is measured by.

I am thankfull for Brads efforts, and others like him who keep feeding our needs and wants. Next time you talk to him, tell him thanks, from one shooter, to another.

Your friend, Chucker.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:13 PM

You talk about not being "business smart"; "Rampro", is a name I could always pronounce as well as remember years later. But Sashwatch?...I mean Wetwash? ......Washtech....?.....dang...what was that name again?

Heck, "Brad Stair" engraved on the receiver woulda worked better then that!