Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-29-2014, 11:05 PM

Default Tikka 595 Action wrench

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help out does a Remington 700 action wrench work on a Tikka 595?

Thanks

Scott
Old 08-30-2014, 01:30 AM
Supporting Member

Default Tikka 995

Scott ,
the Remington 700 is a round body action while the Tikka 995 is a flat bottom action, so no, a 700 action wrench will not work on the Tikka 995. I'm not real familiar with the Tikka 995 action, but the picture that comes up when I google it would show it to have a flat top also. You could simply use 2 pieces of bar stock and clamp down on the top and bottom flat surfaces using 2 half inch bolts on either side of the action. This would have to be done with consideration of how much stress is put on the top corners of the action. This setup may not be strong enough to remove factory installed barrels. Great care has to be used but I have used a large adjustable wrench on my Sako actionswhile removing or installing custom barrels. I obviously do not torque these barrels near as high as what a factory barrel would have been. The big question is, are you removing a factory barrel?
Stan
Old 09-01-2014, 12:27 PM

You will need an action wrench that accommodates a receiver with both a flat bottom & a flat top. Brownell's & Midway offer one they call a "universal" type. One of the bars has "V" notch on one side & can be reversed to the flat side for Sako, Tikka, CZ & other similar actions. Never tighten the bolts that clamp the wrench over 40 ft/lbs & you won't harm the action. A two foot long cheater pipe on the wrench handle & a little heat will get even the most stubborn barrels off.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:22 PM

I have a Brownells Rem 700 action wrench I have used to remove three different Sako barrels by only using one of the semi-circle halves and reversing it. What I would say is you need a bloody good barrel clamp. Those Sakos are ridiculously tight and I have no doubt the Tikka is the same. As Old Hawkeye says a two foot cheater bar is a good idea.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:29 AM
Supporting Member

I make Tikka 595, 695, and T3 action wrenches as well as many Sako's , Coopers, Cz's and various others.

Thank you,

Paul

Paul

E-mail me if you need anything, I don't get around to checking PM's. Pbike257@Gmail.com